Sunday, January 9, 2011

230 AM rambles

At work, quick break. I was reading through my older posts, and was impressed by my articulation at that time. I felt like maybe I should continue to practice articulating my thoughts.

I've been at work exactly one year on January 15, and while I've gotten better and more confident in many things, there is still so much to learn.

Home life is amazing, living with James is great. We work enough different shifts that we get time to do things on our own, but we take care of each other well. I love that man so much, our relationship has evolved to a really gentle pillow feather kind of love, with the odd amount of spice tucked in with it. I still get butterflies in my stomach each and every time he holds my hand, and we have yet to run out of things to say to each other.

I've learned how to make candles in the last year, and how to paint. I plan on polishing those skills this year, as well as progressing my cooking skills. I experiment almost weekly, but I'd like to develop that a little more. The last thing I'd like to improve is my ear for music: specifically to listen to an album and really understand it, really deeply hear it. I too often just have music as a background, and I'd prefer to bring it to the foreground.

I went to Cuba from December 27 to January 3 with my family. It was a great experience, one I'll never forget. I love being in a new country, the exhilaration the sense of exploration and adventure.

Anywho. We just made smoothies here, so I'm going to go enjoy that.

Long live living, if living can be this.

No comments:

Post a Comment